The Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research (MPI) has permanently retained terabytes of measurement data using online storage. This includes data that is only rarely accessed. The MPI holds petabytes of data overall. In order to reduce the costs associated with maintaining such large volumes, the institute chose to use the PoINT Storage Manager software, which enables long-term preservation, transparent read access and multiple media formats.
"Following a test phase in which we tested the software under every scenario we could think of, we were convinced by its wide range of functionality and ease of use thanks to its clear, intuitive GUI. Other advantages included the PSM’s clear and easy-to-understand archiving and HSM rules, which can be modified and expanded as required. Moreover, the PoINT product allows us to quickly and elegantly restore data."
- Prof. Dr. Mario Looso, Head of IT and Bioinformatics Facility, Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research
- Relieve primary storage, reduce costs
- Audit-compliant archiving for research data
- Media in multiple formats
Solution - PoINT Storage Manager
- Long-term preservation and HSM
- Transparent read access
- Migration with no downtime
- Optimal storage system usage
- Save time, reduce costs
- Fast, intuitive administration