The China Construction Bank (CCB) is the second largest bank in the world. Within the course of a revision project of the CCB in June 2006 an international call for tenders had been started for archiving more than 450 TB of data from the Enterprise Content Management system. Despite the high participation of different competitors and the strict technical rating the German company PoINT Software & Systems GmbH had won this tender exclusively together with their longtime partner Human Interactive Technologies GmbH (HIT). Already in 2006 38 provincial branch offices had been equipped with around 120 Netzon GMS3560 jukeboxes and the Chinese version of PoINT Jukebox Manager.
In June 2008 the existing archiving solution was extended, where already two petabyte were stored on double layer DVD media. Also the second tender could be won in common and additionally NETZON GMS 2105 with PoINT Jukebox Manager were implemented.
Crucial for winning both tenders was i.e. the performance of PoINT Jukebox Manager regarding the file volume: in a test run approximately 750.000.000 files were archived.
- Capacity of about 2000TB for archiving data from the ECM system
- Handling of big data volumes required
- High flexibility as well as quick response to customer needs requested
- Search for the archived data also through the ECM system
Solution - PoINT Jukebox Manager
- Off-load of the fast primary storage
- Secure long-term archiving of big data volumes
- Archived data still accessible via the file system
- Increased data security by optional data mirroring
- Power savings by off-line storage
- Increased data security by test routine